Change how you see things, & what you see changes.
What is Vision Based Coaching?
You, your vision and an unstoppable partnership is the theme of the coaching, with your unique vision always guiding the ‘coaching mind’s eye’. If you know what your vision is, coaching focuses on bringing that to life. If you haven’t yet discovered it but you know it’s in you somewhere, coaching is driven by the vision’s potential, possibility, discovery and ultimately it’s manifestation.
Either way (or anywhere in between) coaching simultaneously embraces your daily life circumstances within the context of your whole self, your big picture, your Now. That means all of who you are and can be, in the context of life as it is all around us today. There is so much to work with, the possibilities truly are endless, limited only by what you can imagine. That is why co-creating is so powerful.
Why the Focus on Vision?
In this context, vision is the practiced ability to use all your available senses and capabilities to see, and seeing is always and ultimately, the act of creation. Think of vision as the expansion of your perception, understanding and then your potential expanding to brand new levels. Then skills like visualization become the way you give yourself simple directions for whatever you want to focus on in your life. Your imagination is doing this at some level already, all day, every day. You imagine something in your mind’s eye, you’re adding thoughts to it which produces emotions and puts energy into it, and depending on how clearly and persistently you play it over in your mind, your mind goes to work to find every opportunity and resource for your vision to become your reality. Make sure it’s the vision you really want. You can choose, and you can choose great things. Why not become a Maestro at it?
The 3 functions of the VBC site are:
First- my Work and Services
- My individual coaching service is all about Discovery, Experience, Action and Results. You, opening up to the vastness of yourself and your ability, then going for it. There is infinite possibility in you and all it takes is understanding how to ‘find it’ in you, and then ‘work’ it.
- My Team coaching and workplace consulting is all about successfully navigating the complexity and depth of diversity to create truly culturally competent environments (see Services.)
Second- the Adventure
- Coaching resulted in this unstoppable vision of possibility in my own life, and I’m going for it. Pulling up roots and wandering the country, just for the discovery and experiences.
- The blog is the chronicling of the adventure, a sort of tribute to what is possible through coaching. I know how easy it can be when things don’t go as planned, to lose a little heart for something, for an idea or a dream. So there will be very little planning, and much more going with what comes along. That might mean more time outside my comfort zone. It will most certainly mean lots of surprises. I wonder how far out I’ll go.
- January 1, 2011 is the official ‘life on the road’ start day. I wonder what will be important to me the morning of January 1, 2012?
- Starting with my own. Within the ‘adventure’ blog you’ll find how one thing leads to another; for example, looking for more ways to dislodge limiting beliefs lead me to Byron Katie’s 9 day School for The Work which led to me choose (among other things) to transform my diet to live, raw foods. That has lead to developing a raw food product for the market and now I’m going to Professional Raw Chef school. It goes on and on, because of course, everything is connected. There is no end to where life takes you once you take the lid off your own box.
Thanks for stopping in — I’d love to hear from you with comments, questions, and most especially if expansion of your own world is on your mind.
Here’s to adventure,